Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women. About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point.
Have you or someone you know been diagnosed with Breast Cancer? Here at Aesthetic Therapies we see many patients with hair loss on scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes and other skin conditions such as extreme dryness directly related to Cancer and Chemotherapy. We want you to know that we are here to help you look good and feel better. We are Certified Facilitators for the Look Good, Feel Better Program of the American Cancer Society.
Your hair and Chemotherapy: Hair loss occurs during chemotherapy because it targets all rapidly dividing cells—healthy cells as well as cancer cells. Hair follicles, the structures in the skin filled with tiny blood vessels that make hair, are some of the fastest-growing cells in the body. If you're not in cancer treatment, your hair follicles divide every 23 to 72 hours. But as the chemo does its work against cancer cells, it also destroys hair cells. This hair loss can be devastating for many, so we are here to help! We offer multiple treatments such as permanent make up for eye lining or eyebrows, permanent make up (3D Design) for Nipples, and PRP Hair Restoration (post 6 months). Along with treatments we carry Revitalash and Zenagen products to promote hair growth too!
Through the end of October receive 20% off any related treatment ($110 off per PRP treatment).
Your skin and Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy often causes dry, irritated skin. Rather than waiting to deal with symptoms after treatment starts, you can take steps to minimize skin problems about one week before beginning chemo. Then, they can continue the regimen during treatment. There are many things that you can do to prevent dry skin. People tend to think of dry skin as just a cosmetic problem, but dry skin can get so severely dry that it becomes inflamed and more susceptible to infections.
Our tips to prevent dry skin problems during chemotherapy;
- Avoid long, hot showers or baths.
- Use gentle, fragrance-free soaps and laundry detergent.
- Use moisturizers, preferably creams or ointments rather than lotions because the thicker consistency is better at preventing skin dehydration. Apply the cream within 15 minutes of showering. Reapply moisturizer at night, and moisturize your hands every time after you wash them. Our favorites are Nightly-Renewal Cream by Vivier, Luminesce PM, EltaMD Barrier Renewal Complex and EltaMD Moisture-Rich Body Creme.
- Some chemotherapy drugs make skin more susceptible to sunburn. Use a sunscreen with at least an SPF 30 or greater, and make sure that it protects against both UVA AND UVB rays (broad spectrum). Protection against UVA requires ingredients such as zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, or avobenzone. We carry the complete line of EltaMD sunscreens that not only will give you the broad spectrum protection you need but can also be tailored to your skin type and shade too with Elta's tinted options.
- Gently exfoliate your skin. This can be done with creams and topicals, but it can also be done starting with your washcloth. Our top seller, the "Magic Mitt" can do just that with or without cleanser. The magic mitt has tiny loops of antimicrobial cloth that fluff off dead skin cells to help your skin turn over and look healthy. Additionally to a exfoliating washcloth, having a Gommage treatment can help with the shedding of dead skin cells and leave your skin glowing. Pair this with the Elta Foaming Enzyme Cleanser to get the best results.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, our product companies are also making a difference!
Jane Iredale- Purchase any Jane Iredale product and receive a "Just Kissed Lip/Cheek Stain" goody bag + 10% off any in stock product.
RevitaLash- With every sale, RevitaLash donates 10% of profits to benefit Breast Cancer Awareness Research and Education Initiatives. 10% off Revitalash!
Breast Cancer Awareness Month Laser Specials
- 20% off PRP Treatments ($110 off per treatment)
- IPL + Genesis 3@ $875 + FREE Corrector ($111 value)
- Threeforme Laser 3@ $1,400 + FREE Advanced Lightening Vitamin C Serum ($154 value)
Now through the end of October